Thursday, March 06, 2003

I have been listening to The Roots a lot lately. It makes me think what an interesting art form recordings are. One may choose
to capture a performance in a digital or analog format or one may choose to organize sounds (ie., perform, overdub, edit
mix, enhance....etc.) in a desirable fashion to make music that is beautiful. Perhaps this is all very obvious. It is on my mind
as my new recording (have been mixing this week) is a bit of both. I think my favourite recordings are usually a bit of both.
Even if you are capturing a live performance. Attention to detail in the sound quality can make or break whether it is a great
recording or just another good recording to add to the pile. Any thoughts? tposgate@interlog.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter