Sunday, March 28, 2004

I am having great fun going through the rough mixes of Horn Band with Howard Johnson. It is really
exciting to me how different a record it is from what my expectations were. (did I fail as a producer^)

I think not. The part I overlooked however was the individual strenghts and unique character that each
horn player; Howard, Lina and Quinsin brought to the session.

I was quite wrapped up in the compositional element and forgot all about vibe! Kind of silly, I admit.

yet a pleasant suprise non the less.

I hope to have it all mixed by mid May and start sending it out to a few labels that I am interested in.

Sure, Guildwood Records is probably the best home for it but I like to keep trying new things. You know...
see what happens!!

tp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter