Monday, July 19, 2004

apologies for missing a few days...I was away. perhaps I should blog those days in advance?

I had a lot of fun at the Tranzac tonight with Chris Banks and Nick Fraser. Playing with good musicians like those guys who are always willing to take chances and try new things too is always fun.

I was glad to play a new one I wrote for the gig called Alone, alone. I just have worked on it even more. It is good but I could have played it better. Oh well. I think it is a keeper.

The other charts I brought worked well too. They were some of the same things I brought for the Rex guitar series gig.

it is great when musicians that you know and respect show up for gigs. It means a lot! Sorry to them for having to listen to me play banjo...just kidding...It wasnt that bad was it?

rob mosher and ryan driver sat in too. it was just the boost we needed as we collectively worked out our musical strategies on the bandstand as a trio. I am really glad I learned a lot of jazz standards years ago. i dont get to play them very often but they come in handy and I think that harmonic vocabulary is useful for any kind of music.

until tommorrow.
mondaymorningtim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter