Tuesday, July 20, 2004

tonight I finally got to see Guy Maddin's The Saddest Music in the World. Great Film! I am sure it is my favourite film I have seen by him. The music was fantastic too. Great original score and an interesting and beautiful use of the old song This Song is You.

His use of the grainy b and W film is so well done. It was always fun to look at and quite often funny. It is also timely with the Olympics coming up. It was so funny to be judging musicians from all over the world (with olympic-like commentary) to see who played the saddest music.

All the actors were great, the casting was excellent. Isabella Rosellini with her beer-filled legs was so absurd that it was fantastic even though I had read about it before hand numerous times.

No matter how much you hear about this, you will be suprised. If you like absurd films this is a must see.

tim@guildwoodrecords.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter