Sunday, January 23, 2005

pondhockey


pondhockey
Originally uploaded by tim posgate.
tonight I lived one of my dreams; playing pond hockey with one of my kids. It was amazing. (and it wasn't really a pond) His first time shooting the puck around while on skates. It was mostly moonlight that allowed us to see the puck and the air was crisp, the park (trinity bellwoods) was quiet and we were the only ones on the little patch of ice beside the big artificial surface that is there.

this really cool, jolly older guy named Sandy, shoveled the whole thing clear for us as we arrived. Bid us farewell and walked away. I told Dylan I thought he was a hockey angel but he didn't think so.

Sandy the hockey angel said; "who needs the NHL?" and I said; "I do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter