Thursday, April 07, 2005

I borrowed a mini van from our friends greg and Corry yesterday. I hadn't driven a car in about six months or more. I was a little nervous. Of course this was ridiculous as I was immediatly comfortable and having fun driving around town while listening to the radio. (CIUT fundrasing!)

I think this may be one of the problems with cars and pollution etc. Driving is fun. You have your own personal space, you are in control, you listen to your tunes....it brought back those deeply driven feelings of car chase movies, Dukes of Hazzard tv shows etc.

What do you think my toys (and my boys) toys were/are. Cars!!!!

this is not something we can change in the near future. no way. but....each one of us that is interested,talks about it etc. can only help.

Sure it's fun but so are lots of things that are bad for you and the environment. Think about it next time you turn the key.


tim
p.s. I still wonder how long we can live without a car but we are still trying to do it. I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter