Monday, April 04, 2005

murley


murley, originally uploaded by tim posgate.

Mike Murley plays sax in David Braids band. David Braid won a Juno for best contemporary jazz recording. It is getting beyond ridiculous.

Dont get me wrong. I love Murely. Good friend, amazing musician, fellow hockey pal..etc...

But...come on folks; he has been on one of the Juno winning jazz records consistently, every year for at least ten years. It is getting out of hand. (if you ask me)

What is a comparable situation? Other artforms? Other styes of music? Other jazz musicians?

Is it the Caras peoplewho are to blame or is it the artists that cannot find anyone else to play on their records.

I blame both. I might be a bit jealous (as I have never even been nominated) but I really think people need to open their eyes (and ears) and look for some new artists to celebrate. (ironic statement as David Braid is a young jazz pianist himself)

Oh well. Canada, our home and native land true patriot love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter