Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sun Ra Arkestra


Sun Ra Arkestra, originally uploaded by tim posgate.

A great time at the Lula Lounge last night. I feel I got my $35 worth. Two long sets of crazy, heartfelt large ensemble jazz and free improv!

Somehow I feel I got more than the admissions worth by reading the Space is the Place biography beforehand and making up my own little narratives as I watched and listened.

the bands history is interesting and entertaining. Just the fact that they used to (or still do?) all live together is pretty unusual.

I hope I have half the energy of Marshall Allen if I make it to 81 years old.

I think my favourite part was hearing them all sing at the beginning of each set as they walked from the back of the club to the front of the stage. Beautiful as the instruments slowly entered and took over on the same melody line.

tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter