Friday, January 13, 2006

What an excellent review/article in this week's Now magazine on Antonioni's The Passenger. I would really like to see it. Interesting that Jack Nicholson bought the rights to it and put it on the shelf for twenty years.

John Harkness really took the time to describe the film, to give us the details about who did what and included a personal reference of when he saw the original screening. I also liked when he gave the historical context comparing it to Bergman, Godard etc.

People cut up Now magazine sometimes but with writing like this I would read it cover to cover.

tim
www.GuildwoodRecords.com

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antonini's Passenger is one of the greatest movie's of all time. Well, it has always been one of my favourites, right up there with King of Heartds. I did not know it had been put away for 20 year.

Dougal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter