Wednesday, February 15, 2006

No...no big celebrations here at Canadian Jazz Life...no Juno nominations....I was quite disappointed. As I was saying to a friend of mine tonight, it doesn't really matter but every now and again I need a lift, or a "thumbs up" like that.

The good news is: Tim Posgate Hornband featuring Howard Johnson really is one of the best jazz records made in Canada this year. I know because I listened to the whole thing today when I was working on a grant application, choosing which songs to use etc.

Sometimes you have to blow your own horn. I am starting to wonder if it will always be me doing the blowing...(am I really that flexible?...haha)

One note to the panel, the judges, CARAS etc: There are a lot of really good musicians out there in this Country (even in this city) making jazz music that sounds like today...2006. I have publicly listed who I feel these people are and I don't see their names coming up on any of the polls or awards.

contemporary by definition=modern...at this point please pull out your dictionary and read the definition for modern.

thank you,

tp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter