Monday, February 06, 2006

Wednesday is look to be another exciting night for listening to music in this town. Across the street at Revival you can hear the restructuralist jazz piano trio; The Bad Plus.

I went to the Banff School of the arts with Ethan Iverson, the pianist. Unfortunately I haven't seen him since but I hope to be there. He was an interesting exciting pianist back then and I think he was abou 17 years old. I always remember really liking his energy and from reading their blog I think he still has a great sense of humour and a monstrous passion for jazz music.

The same night my pal Rob Clutton is playing with the new trio; The Sea Gone Off With The Sun at the Red Guitar.

This is trio makes lovely music. Beautifully understated, yet complex compositions by Rob as well as improvising in the bass, drum, violin format.

Check it out!!

tim
www.GuildwoodRecords.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter