Monday, April 17, 2006

It was nice to have my brain massaged today for a couple hours. I have been deep in the "kid trenches" for the last couple days as my wife was away. I went to a good lecture/panel about video art. It was part of my favourite annual festival the Images Festival.

It is amazing how everything relates when you hear other artists talk about their work no matter how extremely different the discipline they work in might be.

It got a bit intense for a moment when celebrated Canadian multi media artist Vera Frankel, sitting behind me decided to tell one of the panelists how much she disliked his new film. He was very calm and cool and defended his own work quite well.

I happened to notice that John Oswald will be doing the same talk on Thursday from 3-5pm at the Gladstone Hotel. (these talks are PWYC and feature FREE PUMPKIN PIE!!!)

Check it out! (the Hockey playoffs don't start till Friday so get out there while you can...ahaha)
tim
www.GuildwoodRecords.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter