Sunday, April 16, 2006

This is an Easter hockey post for sure.

My Exclaim cup team, the Victoria Red Lighters didn't make the playoffs just like my Maple Leafs. It was a hard but fun day for hockey yesterday.

The Leafs looked so good against the Senators that I haven't smiled that much in a long time. They nearly pulled it off. It just shows they don't need to start from scratch. There are a lot of good young players there. Since Easter is about rebirth it is a time to look at the future. Who will be our goalie, our coach, our GM? The Leafs entertained me right up to the end and that is all I can ask for really. (okay...another cup in my lifetime will be good)

I wish the Senators fans luck but I would not bet a penny on their first round if I was you. I think Ottawa is a likely sitting duck for just about anyone to upset. If they get past that, they might be okay.

The Exclaim cup just got better and better too. I didn't even get to make any of the parties as I was parenting alone this weekend. The family vibe there is really good. Lots of outdoor road hockey, fun folks hanging out, cool merch and good times.

I met some really nice people and hope to do it again next year!

tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter